The below resources were shared during closure from March 2020 - July 2020. They may be useful alongside the blended learning resources available for each year group.
Please remember home is not the same as school and you are fighting a very challenging battle trying to make it so!
- Reading resource - World Book Online has just made 3,000 ebooks and audiobooks available free for children.
- Complete some practical, hands on maths. Be that via cooking, cleaning, constructing things outside or they could play some maths games using resources like Numbots and TT Rockstars
- Enjoye activities that improve their motor skills- building with Lego, cutting templates/ shapes/ pictures, using playdough and most importantly tidying up their toys!
- Cosmic yoga session
- Virtual tour of museums via Google Arts and Culture.
- Develop tactical and critical thinking by playing board games or card games like Uno and Monopoly.
- Play imaginative games, the more independent the better because this is how children learn the skill of occupying themselves and learning to just be! It is really important that they learn now that having time to oneself, to collect their own thoughts and be immersed in something all to themselves is really valuable.
Below are some additional suggestions to support your time at home.
Many short videos about a whole range of topics based around the National Curriculum
BBC school radio
There are many programmes including audio books. https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p007g5y4
Free at the moment. Offers animated movies on topics in maths, science and English
Lots of games to support English and Maths skills. www.educationcity.co.uk
Excellent for using for lessons as well as homework. Please complete any activities you would like, remember you can access different year groups if you feel your child needs a challenge or a bit of revision in a particular aspect of the curriculum. www.mymaths.co.uk
Oxford Reading Tree
Books from the reading scheme available online for free https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/
Family learning ideas for Science and technology through https://www.stem.org.uk/home-learning/family-activities
Lots of great catchy songs to help learn Maths and English facts
Great resource for revision of multiplication and division facts
From the organisation behind Ted talks. This is lessons from around the world in a wide range of subjects. Free during closures. https://ed.ted.com/parent
Workbooks can be downloaded for free from https://www.tts-group.co.uk/home+learning+activities.html